View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If it truly is your dream job, you made the right choice.

I would take my current job now over a job that paid me double but was a nightmare to work in any day of the week.

Its unfortunate that money is the center of our being, but nothing can replace a job you enjoy going to every day. I have had those kind of jobs before and it makes life straight up miserable.

3 years ago I was working a crappy job while looking for a job in my field. The economy was terrible and I couldn't find a thing, so was stuck working at a bank as a teller. I knew this was just an interim thing, but I finally stumbled across a job in my field. The lady I worked for ended up being a absolute lunatic and nightmare, and she nearly ruined my passion for what I went to school for 4 years for. I found a part time gig at my current place of work, and I stopped working at that place. This place saved my design career. I then had a buddy who worked for Orange and Rockland and got me in for a position because I thought my career choice I took was over with. The waiting list on this job is years...yet he got me in a few months if that. I took the test, told them I was going to take the job.

I was hellbent on leaving my current job but I was stuck in a predicament. Leave my job now that I enjoy, and take a job that will end up paying me way more in the longrun? I was faced with a hard decision, and it didn't make it any easier that I was only working part time and there was no guarantee i'd even be offered a full time gig.

At the last minute I called up O&R and told them I couldn't take the job. I've been here for 3 years now, and everyday I walk into work, not counting down the minutes until I leave. You can have all the money in the world but if you can't even enjoy life or have free time for that matter, I just don't see the point.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xxscaxx For This Useful Post:
Opposed (09-12-2013)