View Single Post
Old 12-24-2021, 04:51 AM   #22
CedN

Drives: 2013 GT86 fully standard
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Been around front engined porsches since 2003, and still having one

There's a massive difference between the older and newer interior, the newer looks 90s bland, and the cars are a fair bit heavier, but do feel much better built, have much improved HVAC. The older flimsy interior is the one i prefer since it looks 70s cool and is more lightweight, and the early cars feel more raw to drive. The mechanics are fairly robust, and they can be excellent track or all round cars. The issue with using one as a daily driver is finding one that is in very good condition, and one that has been regularly used aswell. Otherwise it could get annoying. The s2s for example are probably the best for daily driving, i know many people who did that a couple of years ago. But i would probably prefer my GT86, even though a late 944 is more comfortable due to the rubbish oem damper setup in the 86. You can tune a 944 just like any other engine, head port, cam and chip is classic tweaks, even though the us cars will be hampered by the lack of compression.

I still have my 924 turbo after 15 years of ownership, much faster and much more raw to drive than my 86, my favorite among the transaxle cars, wouldn't daily it though
thomasmryan (12-24-2021), venturaII (12-24-2021)