View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 11:31 AM   #17
venturaII
Only users lose drugs.

Drives: All the time
Thanked 1,067 Times in 674 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I think the question I'm more interested in is what the comparative driving dynamics are like between the two. The only 944 I've driven was a heavily built Turbo S...track suspension, 4 puck clutch, big turbo, etc. I have no experience with the standard N/A version. Obviously the 944 makes less power, but it's also lighter than the FRS. And if power delivery is better than the FA20, it could be a wash, at least on the street. Everything I've heard and read indicates that throwing money at the motor to gain power is a waste. Performance improvement comes from going on a diet.

One of the things that really has my interest is just the Porsche design and build quality. When you shut the door, it sounds like a a bank vault closing it's door. Cliche, but true. The FRS door feels like a boiled lasagna noodle in comparison. Part of that is frameless, versus framed doors, but there's more than just that. Even my buddy's 50 year old 914 has a better feeling door than the FRS. The 944 is almost 40 years old, and feels more solid than the FT86. Not sure about the rest of the chassis, so that's kind of what I'm asking about... Hopefully there's some people who've owned or had extensive seat time in both who can shed some real info. I think the core question is: with relatively equivalent mods, which one would be a more rewarding driver and occasional track car? I really love my FRS, but the allure of a P-car is tempting for a whole bunch of reasons.

Last edited by venturaII; 12-23-2021 at 11:56 AM.
venturaII is offline   Reply With Quote