View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 09:42 AM   #15
boy_racer

Drives: s13 200sx
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur-A View Post
I made a similar move. I sold my 2020 86 and got a 1992 Nissan 240sx with a stock 155hp KA24DE in a very good condition. And I never looked back! I enjoy the 240 way more. The steering, shifting and overall feel is better. And it is a better daily driver because the engine although having less horsepower has a better torque curve, so it is pleasant to drive at speed limits and the car is smooth instead of being jerky. I haven't taken it to a track yet, just waiting to refresh the brakes and put some coilovers, but I'm constantly taking it to twisty roads and it feels amazing.

I guess the Porsche 944 would feel in a same way nicer than the BRZ/FRS/86.
Oohh no way ,after owning two 240sx (or actually 200sx in Europe with ca18det) ,i don't want to hear about them!Love the style and the easy to work platform.But it is a 30year old car ,a lot of parts need refreshing (bushes,engine parts, suspension,interior parts in some cases,cracked dash etc) ,the chassis is horrible compared to cars of its age or modern cars, suspension set up is not good from the factory but it has tones of potential,brakes are ok with minimum changes but not for hard use, throttle response is good, steering feel ain't good enough, shifting is good for such an old car but nothing like a 1992 miata, usually comes without lsd or with the viscous ,most of them are in bad condition,even stock is nothing great.

Overall 240sx are a great platform for tuners with tones of aftermarket parts and potential, they used to be cheap and that made them value for money too.They are not worth it unless you find one in decent shape and fair price and go for the vintage look but you are not looking the absolute performance.They are fun to drive too.But a newer chassis like the 86 is way ahead.Safer ,modern, better , aftermarket support like the 240sx.

The only thing i can relate about The 240sx is the turbo and the engine swaps ,if you are the guy who wants power!

(Just my opinion,what really matters is what car makes you feel better and if that is the 240sx then ok,i just can't with old platforms again).I do love to have them on a garage building them and enjoy driving them though.That is a different story..
boy_racer is offline   Reply With Quote