View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #12
dante

Drives: Scion tC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi! Current driver of a tC here, and I'm pretty excited about this coming out (oh pleasepleasepleaseplease bring it over here to the States, Toyota). Toyota originally brought Scion out as a separate brand in order to gain market share with people who would have never even bothered to shop there previously, and then wanted those people to transition into the Toyota family. Well, they got me with the first part (when the tC came out it had an amazing amount of spec standard, and was faster than anything else in the sub-$16k category, or even sub $20k) but UTTERLY FAILED in the second. I'm supposed to go from a $16k Scion to... a $32k Lexus? That's the only other car in the Toyota family that's even remotely sporting. Or a $20k Matrix? Nope, don't have kids and don't need that kind of practicality.

There was just a huge hole in the lineup between the $16k (ok, it's now $17k) tC and anything even remotely sporty/fun to drive. So as I'm thinking about finally replacing the tC (5 years old now), I've been contemplating any number of low $20k sporty cars to replace it. GTI. MCS. MS3. Civic SI. Abarth 500 (if it ever gets here). I want small, fun to drive, lightweight, decent power-weight ratio, low 20k range, Coupe (or I'd already have a Miata, but it gets REALLY cold here in WI). While I'd like RWD, I'm not about to give up on the small and lightweight aspect just to get it (I'm looking at you, Genesis Coupe, Mustang, Camaro, etc).

Basically, I want a RWD Mini Cooper S. Small. Lightweight (2650lbs). 170hp. $21k. Well built. If Toyota can achieve that with this, it'll be the next car in my driveway when it gets here. If they can't achieve this (2900+lbs, less than 160hp, more than $23k) I'll just start test-driving the MINI, Abarth, A1 (c'mon Audi, bring this over as well), and I'll be another ex-Toyota customer.
dante is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dante For This Useful Post:
IloveBaldEagles (05-03-2014)