View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 03:42 AM   #1
Efarth

Drives: 2013 Rocket Bunny FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Full FRS test

Hi, all,

NO, I haven't driven the FR-S or BRZ. But I know that the difference comes down the suspension tuning. Which to me should not be the factor in which to decide which car to buy.

Why do I want the BRZ?

1. Have you looked at the FR-S headlights?
2. The interior on the BRZ is worth the small premium for me
3. I like the idea of a Subaru with a Subaru engine

Now say the FR-S spring rates are better tuned for the track over the BRZ. Yes, that sucks for BRZ owners who plan to keep the BRZ the way it is. I'm definitely not going to be one of them. The stock BRZ suspension won't be staying in the car for long. I don't think the FR-S is a better car then the BRZ because of the suspension differences. There are other things to consider.

As for the 0-60 time differences. I have no idea why the BRZ is slower than the FR-S. Is the gearing not the same? Could be a million variables.

If anyone is going to get the FR-S over the BRZ because it goes to 60 a bit faster or oversteers a bit more then the BRZ go ahead. For me, those are all variables. I can change those, and I plan to regardless of which model I buy. As for the external and interior differences, yes you can change those too. I don't plan to change the headlights on the BRZ or FR-S so I'll pick the one I like more.

Whichever performance suspension I decide to put on the BRZ will likely make it a better handling car then both the stock BRZ or FR-S.
Efarth is offline   Reply With Quote