Old 07-16-2021, 03:57 PM   #16
Arthur-A

Drives: 2020 BRZ/86, 2020 BMW 330i
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostzfh View Post
@Arthur-A

Understood. Yeah driving the FRS or at least my year 2016 has been demanding and took a while to get used to. Shifts have to be on point, every single time, or else jerkiness took place. I think that's why they say that this is a driver's improvement car. The car makes you into a better driver. I've also heard that this platform is one of the hardest cars to learn manual on.
I think that when people say that the car makes you a better driver they meant it's handling and somewhat low power that will force you to make less mistakes with your cornering trajectory. Whereas on a higher power car those mistakes are less obvious. I can't see how jerky transmission will make anyone a better driver. You can learn precise rev matching on downshifting, but you don't need a jerky transmission for that. Surprisingly, on downshifting my car was very smooth regardless of gear. Even shifting to 1st while moving was smooth. It's just that 1st to 2nd upshift that was jerky sometimes. Also, it was way worse when I had that clutch spring on. After I removed it, shifting feel somewhat improved.
Arthur-A is offline   Reply With Quote