View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #11
JRitt

Drives: 2012 BRZ Premium WRB 6MT
Thanked 1,411 Times in 376 Posts
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
The Good news is ... mine weighs the same as yours...
Good to verify our scale is reading at least somewhat properly!

Quote:
mine on the scales weight 2669 with less than a quarter tank of gas... no trunk Junk...and my new wheels/tire combo..
Nice. Definitely post up all your specifics. Thanks!

Quote:
good work,
light weight battery and spare removal are an easy practical start for an almost 30kg drop. half way to a noticeable gain, i.e. a passenger..
We dropped 25 lbs. with our lightweight lithium-ion battery. We're finishing up a custom mount for it now. I'll add a pic and weight to my pics above. Race buckets are going to be another very nice reduction. I weighed an old Sparco Roadster seat that I had in my Z06...weighed in at 16 lbs. for the fiberglass version. We're making some custom lightweight aluminum seat rails that will only be a few pounds. Overall, a 20lb. drop in seat weight (per side) seems likely...so that's another 40 lbs. that can be shed.

It shouldn't be a big problem to get down into the 2550 lbs. range without ripping the car to shreds. That's about what my '98 Integra Type R weighed, and that car had very similar HP. These cars are going to be very lively at that fighting weight, even on a stock (and reliable) engine. Therein lies the beauty. I keep telling myself that this is going to be the RWD Type R I always wanted, or what I wish my NA Miata was...a particularly nice balance of power and weight.

JRitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JRitt For This Useful Post:
jliongh (09-24-2016), Roadliner (04-16-2014), stevo_12v (07-28-2013), tripjammer (06-14-2012), Tristor (07-30-2018), ultra (06-19-2012)