View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 10:21 PM   #2
JoeC

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have a BRZ, a WRX STI, and my wife drives a 3.6 Outback. So 3 subarus isn't crazy. Right??? maybe it is...

I bought the BRZ before the STI and it was a lot of fun for a few years, particularly on track. The consumables for track duty are just so cheap compared to bigger, heavier cars. But then we had a kid in January and it just wasn't all that compatible so I bought a new STI. Now the BRZ mostly just sits because the STI is WAY more fun around town. It's more comfortable, makes better power, it's quieter (even with a louder exhaust) and has nicer creature comforts. I haven't had a chance to get it on track yet (new baby, remember?) so I don't know how that compares... But as far as having both, I kinda like the STI more in every way as a daily driver and I'll probably sell the BRZ before too long. The BRZ is very fun to drive hard and it looks great but everything about it is kinda cheap. it's noisy and doesn't make great power around town. But it's a fun RWD car especially if you can take it on track.

For what you're looking for, I don't think the BRZ separates itself enough from the WRX to earn a spot in your fleet. I'd be looking at a sporty convertible. Or a motorcycle... Is that an option? Because bikes are the most fun money can buy.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoeC For This Useful Post:
8RZ (09-12-2019), AnalogMan (09-12-2019), DarkPira7e (09-11-2019)