View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 11:14 AM   #2525
aemravan

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I know I'm bumping a thread that hasn't seen any action in 1.5 years, but I figured for documentation purposes it may help with future searches as I spent quite some time looking and didn't quite find EXACTLY what I wanted very easily***

I am currently working on fitting my old XXR527's that I ran on my supra for a while onto my wifes FRS. I found conflicting information on the extent of rolling/cutting, camber, tire size and what the fitment looks like for this particular wheel size so I will try and provide as much information as possible as i go along this week:

Wheels: XXR527 Hyper Silver

Size: F~ 18x8.75+20
R~ 18x9.75+20
Tire: F~ 225/40R18 Sentury SNT (by discount tire)
R~ 235/40ZR18 Lionhart LH-503

Suspension

-Tein SKQ54-AUB00 Lowering Springs (-1.2"F/-1.0"R)
-Godspeed adjustable LCA for rear camber adjustment
-SPC Front Camber bolts in lower hole/factory lower hole bolt in upper hole for front camber adjustment

Fender/quarter rolling:
-The front fenders rolled/pulled quite easily, no issue with getting those flat and pretty flared out with minimal work
-rear quarter took more work as they are significantly more rigid and take time to do to not make them look like bacon as they start buckling.

I am still missing the necessary lug nuts so I can't fully confirm if the current rolling is sufficient or will need more rolling/grinding. I am hoping to have that verified by this weekend.

The fitment is def. on the aggressive poke-side. Some pictures I've seen online show a moderate camber with near-flush fitment that claim NO MODIFICATION, which I do not believe. the +20 offset on a 9.75" rear wheel hangs it out quite far, and at least from my current setup will require some decent camber (-1.5 to -2.5 degrees my guess) to fit make look not TOO poked out.

If I had to do it again, I would consider going with a slightly less tall tire.. maybe a 30 or 35, and depending on how this ends up, may consider a 225/35R18 for the rear and a 215/35r18 for the front in the future. The stretch isn't nearly as bad as I anticipated.

Anyhow, here is the first round of pictures and i'll update all the other details over the next couple of days.
Attached Images

aemravan is offline   Reply With Quote