soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
You fit all of that in about two paragraphs......I ought to have YOU write my DIY's from now on.

Really, I just got sick and tired of hearing you bitch and moan about it all the time.

But, glad to hear it worked out for you.
i like the extra detail. makes it easier to follow. i hate how-to's that just assume i know one thing or another already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
You can still complain about the rear-view camera. So, there's that. I wonder if there's a way to SPLIT the signal so that you can see it in the mirror AND on the head unit display. If only I had all of those features in my car, then I could test it. Maybe @oddrelic will give it a shot and can figure it out.
i don't really think there's going to be an easy way for that. a lot of vehicles now use a 6v camera, and sometimes the mirrors provide that power. so all of the wiring(power, video, and reverse signal) would need to be ran down from the mirror to the radio, as well as make up an adapter, with integral voltage regulator, none of which have definitive manuals for the connections.

i just did the backwards version of that on my tacoma(aftermarket radio didn't support backup camera that the factory radio did, changed mirror for a video version). took me about 2 months with covid delays and shipping to get all the right parts, and really about 3 saturdays of work to get in and working.
FR-S2GT86 (07-31-2021)