Old 01-30-2021, 05:05 PM   #8
DarkSideFRS
Banned

Drives: 2013 pearl white FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_L View Post
Junk ?? Please elaborate ... someone bought your junk (in the trunk).

Creaks will eventually happen, maybe not at 5k miles .... but 50k .... 100k , if you have the car long enough.

All this rice cake talk . IMO , for the dollars FRS /BRZ in MT '14+ is great bang for the buck. Otherwise, if there is an extra $15k- 50k to spend, I'd go for a Cayman S or R ( '10-'12 ) , or a C2S , C4S 997.2 ( 2010-'13). Otherwise, wouldn't want anything else "sports car" , not much else appeals to me , dollar for dollar.
Carvana bought my 6mt 2013 FRS with valve recall done and 52k miles for $15k... I bought it for $16k with 22k miles... This used car market is for suckers and I took advantage of that.. I could never have unloaded it to an individual for that price.. prob closer to $10k

As for reliability, I came from Hondas and Toyotas (true Toyotas and not a Frankenstein like the 86)... First car ever to have the TOB fail on me before 50k miles.. also had little issues here and there that were just annoying....also, I would not refer to the FRS/86/BRZ as a sports bar.. it's slow AF.. fun on the corners, but still slow AF

The ND Miata us a way better value dollar for dollar, esp the 2019+ ones
DarkSideFRS is offline   Reply With Quote