View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 01:54 PM   #13
vindiesel

Drives: 2023 brz limited 6mt red
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiovino View Post
I'm 36 and generally like exhausts that have some grunt and good tone, but hate rasp and high volume levels.

I went with the Borla Type-S and haven't looked back. Personally I don't think the Borla is too tame. It's a bit quiet cruising, but when you get on it, it opens up. That's ideal for me - cruising on the highway, I don't want something super loud, but at 4k and up, I do want to hear it.

Borla offers an axleback version, which seems to be more aggressive/louder than the catback Type-S version at cold start, but driving and everywhere else it seems noticeably tamer. If I'd sum up what it added to the car, I'd say it gave a good amount of volume and personality, without a normal person going "wow, that car has a loud exhaust on it". I initially thought it was going to be too tame from the videos I was seeing of it, but it was spot on and loud enough.

Exhausts are hard to compare through video on Youtube. Some videos will make one seem tame and lower volume, another might make it seem more aggressive or louder. It all comes down to the mic and how far away it is from the outlet/tip. Also add in one person's definition of "loud" vs another.
I may just get a borla type s and error on the side of caution plus I want black tips. Did you have an issue with the connecting gasket seating? Where did you pick the right one up if so?