Old 08-22-2019, 12:00 PM   #13
Go Frogs

Drives: '19 WRX Base in Lapis Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
I have 12 and 13 yo sons and they fit just fine and never complain. All they say is “dad do some drifting”. I also have a 2yo with rear facing seat that also fits back there. I’ve not had anyone back there with a booster though.

My next door neighbor has a kid about the size of yours. I will throw a booster back there and have him jump in and get him to write up a review for you.
Thanks.

We've moving him out of his Britax full back booster seat into a bottom cushion one (soon) as the full back is approaching the headliner of our CX-5 and his legs are getting longer. Weight wise, he's got a ways to go before maxing out the seat (just hit 40 lbs this summer).

The biggest issue toward/against the BRZ doesn't come from me, but from other members of the family (namely the wife). My kid will ride in whatever we have as he has little to no say. I just want him to be comfortable. The WRX seemed "boomy", but I wasn't riding in the back.

When he does ride with me, I've got to get him in the back. I know the BRZ is not as easy as my GTI. The GTI has a one lever lift, move seat forward, move seat back and everything is back to where it was. The BRZ's driver seat, to my knowledge, does not return the the set position when you pull the cloth strap to move the seat. (I am wrong on this???)

When I test drive cars, I usually bring him with me or at least try to and move his seat into the test drive car. WRX and Crosstrek were easy to get him back there. (He's partial to the Sunshine Orange Crosstrek).

So far, I've only driven the BRZ by myself, no other passengers, so I am biased. Plus, that is how the BRZ will be used 350-360 days out the year.

I'm sure if all three of us take the BRZ for a test drive, the car will lose some of its flair. Plus I can see the wife now...smiling with that look, and teeth clenched. (In 2004, she voted down a VW R32 just because of the [body hugging] seats).

Again, thanks for your time.

Dear SoA, what petition do I need to sign to bring the LeVorg 2.0t 6spd to North America?
Go Frogs is offline   Reply With Quote