Old 07-11-2017, 03:31 PM   #2415
paiceyfan

Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayman S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceyfan View Post
Thanks for the advice...I will give that a look, too.

Yesterday, I left from work and within a few hundred yards the car partially died, or more accurately at high throttle, it was acting like it had very little throttle. I could put my foot to the floor. I stopped and restarted the car several times with no improvement. Then I opened up the hood and checked all the pipes and cables I could find. I got back in and it started fine and drove home. It had a code P2119, related to throttle position control. I cleared the code when I got home.

Now, I know this is crazy, but I am wondering if, after the comments above that, a cheap Bluetooth OBDII dongle had been draining the battery and causing this issue. The dongle was left in permanently for months, as I don't like attaching and detaching due to the pins deforming. Since, the dongle has been removed, all seems well again now. I will keep you informed of what I find as I continue to investigate.