Old 10-26-2020, 07:19 AM   #3
Boomerang

Drives: 2015 Toyota GT86 MT UEL E85 RSR CWP
Thanked 4,850 Times in 2,166 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
Recorded some logs but it won't let me save the .csv file- looking at it though seems like my STFT is stablish at either -2 to -5, 0 or +2 to 4. LTFT was stable between -8 to -3 for the entire 20 mins of logging. AFR was at 12 on 4k RPM (logging ended literally half way though the 2-6k RPM pull)

Just began hearing a cricket sound from the engine bay during idle, don't know if I hear it when driving- is this that fuel pump related issue? and is it caused from the ethanol? I do remember seeing other people have this issue but thought that was caused from normal gas, and ethanol got rid of the chirp.

IE is the cricket sound harmless and just something you come to expect when running e85

I've only driven 20km since tuning to e85 so could this issue fix itself? Definitely not a coincidence that my car begins chirping on the 2nd start up after switching to ethanol

Try exporting the csv file, that is how you save it.

Your fuel trims sound OK seeing you just changed to E85.

I always get the crickets at idle as soon as I change from petrol to E85, definitely for me the E85 breeds crickets. When I change back to 98 Fuel the crickets disappear after a tank or two.

Enjoy the extra grunt from E85
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boomerang For This Useful Post:
Sam86 (10-26-2020)