Old 01-04-2019, 07:03 PM   #2
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 View Post
I have noticed part throttle entering boost that I run very lean 17:1 assuming that its still CL (monitored on torque) for maybe 1 second, are there any drawbacks to lowering CL/OL delay or zeroing it completely? I'm willing to drop the delay if it doesnt require adjustment of other tables to work well
You can zero the delay. But closed loop should help in pulling this back towards target so I would be trying to work out why it goes lean. If it does this in closed loop (what are the STFT at this point?) then switching to open loop may be worse.
Quote:
The stock A01G was used as the base file for tuning so I'm going to assume that the CL compensation was left untouched, leading to tiny AFR additives in the heavy load ranges (-0.4 is the richest), do you guys think this should be fattened considerably to -3 or -4 in load ranges above 1?
Are you on about the coolant temp CL comps? If so they are just used, at least in stock, for warmup. Also, I'd be surprised if you're still in closed loop at loads over 1.
Quote:
tip in enrichment is currently stock 2.4ms with 700cc injectors currently leading to tip in bog. I'm going to drop it to 0.8ms, assuming no issue on this
It would be advised to adjust the whole tip in map for the new injectors.
Quote:
anyone with experience with hot start enrichment? I stall out due to lean run on heat soak start (18:1). I think ive mostly nailed this down but "hot start non idle" i dont understand
Were your cranking tables all corrected for the new injectors?
Quote:
is there any way of having the fans running full time at warm idle? i was thinking of dropping coolant turn off point under 87c which will theoretically keep it on forever as thermostat will stop coolant from overcooling leading to infinite running fan. IAT gets quite high with a borg warner sitting next to intake unfortunately : /
Don't run the fans when the car is moving, it negatively affects airflow. There is some info on here with what the fan modes are, I can't remember off hand, but there are some settings that a few of us run.
Quote:
has anyone had issue with overrun MAF table inflated considerably? I've made the table very linear with 5g/s at 2000, 10 g/s 3000 and linear all the way to 6800 23 g/s. car slows down too hard for my liking and am trying to smooth on off throttle response
I've changed mine so that lift off doesn't decelerate as much. I have them at ~3.5 / 6.5 / 12.2 at the markers you mention.
Quote:
has anyone made a custom table with overrun negative timing with one second duration for pops? brief research suggests that you can only change the base timing, not the overrun timing table with custom map
Easily done, but the pedal will need feathering or a map to do that for you. Beware that the pedal output of the custom maps isn't 0-100 but more like 15-60

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
504 (01-04-2019)