View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #7
the new guy

Drives: 2014 Asphalt FR-S/2018 Thunder GT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FB post from The Racers Line:

Hi! If you haven't heard of The Racers Line, I’m not surprised; I'm a one man operation. I have little to no online presence and spend most my time at my shop, where I service/modify tons of the 86’s in the greater Bay Area of Northern California. I have over 500 local clients with 86’s and have been doing this for the last 4 years with a stellar reputation. I’ve boosted over 200 of these cars using almost every kit on the market and helped real world validate some of the most well-known products available for this platform but, I stay pretty quiet on the internet front. I’m humbled every damn day by the reviews and messages I get from my amazing customers and I love going to work every day.

Until today, I was one of Delicious Tuning's largest worldwide dealers, along with CSG. I had a special agreement with Zach Tucker at DT where we rapid-fire revised cars multiple times throughout a day, and allowing us to complete the tuning process in one day. Every single car that was “tuned” was done by Zach, using Bill’s/DT’s base maps. That’s how it worked, and never once in 3 years as a dealer did I speak to or hear from Bill.

I moved shop locations this past October and acquired a Dyno of my own (no more closing the shop down for street revisions). Unfortunately with Zach’s departure from Delicious earlier this year, I could no longer count on DT to be able to return a single revision let alone multiple revisions to me same day; Bill was just too busy. It’s not a knock against him; there literally just wasn’t enough time in the day. Bill’s got his own dyno tunes, e-tunes, and sales to take care of.

Bill is now claiming that Zach is tuning for me, using “stolen” ROMs. That couldn’t be farther from the truth, and any Ecutek Dealer would know this is impossible. Bill actually manipulated Ecutek (and I’m not even sure this is legal) to spy on my DT Registered Ecutek Dongle ID and IP address, to see if I was flashing cars. I was. The dongle is just the hardware key that allows you to use the Ecutek ProECU software. It doesn’t let you magically steal tunes. For reference, I purchased a second dongle through CSG that says “registered with CounterSpace Garage". That doesn’t mean I’m stealing their tunes now. It just means that they as an Ecutek Master Tuner, can sell the cable, license dongle and their own tunes, with their name tied to it.

How Bill concluded that we had to have been “stealing” tunes from him is beyond me. In an extremely paranoid sounding letter demanding that we stop our “illegal” activities that weren’t actually happening, Bill claimed that it was impossible for Zach to be tuning on his own, since it had taken Bill years to develop his maps, while Zach had only been gone for a few months. Well, the information he didn’t have, was that Zach had already spent hundreds of hours on my dyno and even more hours on the street developing his base maps. I have 3 shop 86’s with various setups that allowed Zach to build base maps. CSG also provided many cars for development.

Here’s the SINGLE craziest part about all this. Not once did Bill reach out to me after after Zach left. He sent legal letters through an attorney, while ignoring my calls and FB messages until today, when this stuff was posted. ALL of this could have been cleared up with a single phone call, and instead has turned into an internet shit show.

TLDR; I, nor Elite or CSG stole any ROM files, it's not even possible. Zach Tucker, former Sales Associate and tuner for DT, is now my in-house contracted tuner.

I have no animosity towards Bill/Delicious Tuning, as things were going swimmingly. This whole thing is weird as hell. I will now obviously not be able to offer the Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel kits, so for my customers, I do apologize. I will sort an alternative out ASAP, or you can order Flex Fuel kits direct from DT and we will still support that kit, but won’t be able to offer a free install
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to the new guy For This Useful Post:
bhmax (07-16-2019), Draco_PR23 (07-17-2019), JeremyR (07-16-2019), mistople (07-16-2019), mkodama (07-16-2019), OwlDance (07-16-2019), Scjacob827 (07-17-2019), spike021 (07-16-2019), sroby (07-18-2019), Summerwolf (07-16-2019), TofuJoe (07-16-2019), Tristor (07-16-2019), VIP BRZ (07-16-2019), weederr33 (07-18-2019), why? (07-16-2019)