View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 05:21 PM   #4
Vracer111

Drives: '13 Nissan Frontier (4.0L 6spd 2WD)
Thanked 1,245 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Have not tried the Sports, but I am on the DW's (in 205/45-17 size). The Continentals do have a softer sidewall and you can feel the fine precise responsiveness differance from the stock Michelins. You still get good feeling and responsiveness but it's in a different manner. What the Continentals give you instead is what feels like an absolute grounded grip on the road that is extremely hard to get out of shape even when pushing HARD. The stock Michelin's are very nervous at the limits, not as grounded/secure in feeling.

With the Michelins it's constant correction to steering input to keep the car in line, while the Continentals is pretty much make your initial turn in and hold the steering position while getting on the throttle to slingshot right through a turn. You still feel what the car is doing, but it's not the constant directional change the Michelin's are trying to do. It's a different but more fun way to corner to me. Much better for canyon runs and road course HPDE's than stock or even other higher performance tires I've tried.

Pretty sure the Sports will be the next tire to try on my FR-S.