Thread: Last round!
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
KAuss

Drives: 2005 X-Runner BSP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I don't think there is much hope for the rev limit to be any higher than 7K since most of Subaru's boxers run 7K even on the STi... Not only that, but unless you plan on tracking the car quite a bit I rather not have such a high rev limit, the car is gonna feel like a S2000 and totally be useless for city driving...

I would say the car would hit somewhere between the 160 - 190 hp marker, maybe 160 - 200 lbs torque... With a 7K redline...

I HOPE the weight is at 2600 lbs and no more, because a light car is not 2800 lbs, and since the size of this vehicle is so close to the MX-5 and being a coupe, I sure hope it isn't any more than 2600 lbs...

I probably would be quiet sad if it actually ends up with these numbers lol, because it probably would not be as much fun to drive as a MX-5... I can't fit in the first couple of generations of Miatas, but the latest one made me smile ear to ear after test driving it back when the NCs were first released... That car started my obsession with light weight moderate power, however if the FR-S can only bolster 170ish hp, and > 2600 lbs, it would be slower in all aspect to the already slow MX-5...

The only way these stats would work is if the base price is at the absolute 20K mark... Then we can fix anything with mods, but other than that, the car would be priced too high and deliver too little... You're now in WRX territory and for Subaru, that wouldn't make much sense to have two vehicles in the price point competing for sales in the same demographic while one is going to be significantly less "sporty..."

My long 2 cents...
KAuss is offline   Reply With Quote