View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 07:19 PM   #3
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
both of those audiocontrol units are well known, and will work. however, i would recommend another alternative.

minidsp is just as highly regarded as audiocontrol, and for a similar price, offers a dsp unit with significant adjustability that the audiocontrol modules don't have. personally, being able to adjust settings from the listening position instead of having to listen, run around, tweak, run back around, and re-listen, repeat, is worth the cost of entry alone. the phase adjustments also have proven to be useful in multi-driver setups as well.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/car...-dsp/c-dsp-6x8

personally, i use the dayton audio variation of dsp
https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton...-Audio-230-500

there's some questionability in audio circles of it not being 'as good' because it doesn't come from a lineage known for high end car-specific audio gear, and the brand leans towards the budget-oriented side of things instead of the 'no-holds-barred-gimme-your-kids-college-money' audio elitism that other brands pricing specifies for 'ultimate' sound quality.

but overall, it's a very powerful unit for $200-- getting the bluetooth dongle makes it extremely easy to tweak from any listening position, in any number of imaginable ways that one would or could ever need to adjust the system to their specific preferences.

before either option existed, i spent well into the $2-3k range on a fully custom car computer to do the same thing with 4 times the effort at every step, so a $200 device that does all of that, and more, is well worth it to me.
finch1750 (12-06-2021)