86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
I will argue this point.
The stock bars were developed with the stock suspension. As soon as you alter the spring rates the original design parameters no longer apply.

Josh was somewhat surprised when I told him I was running their suspension without sways.

You are running 6k/4.5k (which to me looks like you have too soft a spring at the rear for those front rates. That's only about 2.5k at the wheel). My Reds were originally 6k/6k. At Josh's suggestion when I had the Reds serviced I went with non-inverted and 7k/6k.

Which is better? None of the above. Because compromise.
You had me second guessing myself, I do that alot now, LOL.

On the setup sheet (took me a while to find it) they provide, there is a note: MCA does not recommend roll centre adjusters, aftermarket larger swaybars and polyurethane bushes with these.

Albeit I asked for something better than the OEM Sachs/Spring combo for mainly street with a few khanas and a couple of track days, I believe thrashing the car around the Nasho was also used.

For a more track/khana setup they might suggest something else.

But for me the car is in a very happy place handling wise, maybe a better link between the controls could pick some faults, not me though.

What's your local?
86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote