View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 05:28 AM   #10
CincyJohn

Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxgolf View Post
To be transparent, I have not owned anything I wanted to ring more power out of in a long time. For those that have been in the weeds with this recently, what should expectations be?
I would love to hear some predictions as to what gains might be for folks looking for more out of their daily driver.
Will you be going with:
1.Full exhaust from headers out?
2.Turbo
3.Supercharger
4.ECU only

Just considering ways to get a bump without adding much weight and not losing dependability. What direction will you take?
I intend to do it exactly what I (and a lot of people) did on Gen1 - catless header + tune, preferably e85. On Gen1 those 3 things - header, tune, e85 - got you about a 15 percent gain, with a much better torque curve, in hp/torque at a cost of less than $1500 (the OFT tune was $500 and my JDL ceramic coated headers were $750 new). The reliability for this setup was not much different than stock.

I will reuse the headers on Gen2- just will be waiting for a tuning solution - which probably will be ECUTek first and will be more expensive than OFT - probably $1500, although admittedly it will be a more custom tune. Not sure OFT (or anyone else) will offer a tuning solution and don’t know when that will be.

Last edited by CincyJohn; 03-09-2022 at 05:39 AM.
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CincyJohn For This Useful Post:
alphasaur (03-09-2022), Rxgolf (03-09-2022)