Old 07-06-2017, 01:01 AM   #28
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidONE View Post
Since the temp have been spiking up I decided to check how my car does against the high temps, air conditioning and fan on full blast going up and down the side of the Glendora mountains.

http://datazap.me/u/solidone/gmr-6-2...-720-6035-2800

No oil cooler and about 5K miles on this 0w-20 oil since winter. a lot of small flkc, and as much as -2* KC at the .60-.70 load range at various RPMs. What do you think? I've been using this tune for almost a year. Considering a small oil/air cooler soon along with flex fuel. I'll try to replicate condition of this log if I manage to get it install before summer's end with all else the same (hot, humid, up the side of the mountain) except for oil temps.
I think the log looks good other than the -1.41 to -2.81* KC in the 0.55-0.77 load range you mentioned. Not a huge deal since your FLKC looks minimal but it's significant enough KC that I'd work to reduce it if it was me.

BTW your oil temps were getting up there for street driving! If you're thinking about a small air/oil cooler, I'm using the Perrin cooler (13 row Setrab core) and my max oil temps at the track are 245* F in 95 degree weather. It's hotter than I'd prefer (and oil pressure is borderline at those temps even with 5w30 oil), but on the flipside it doesn't overcool on the street with a small blockoff plate. I think it's a decent compromise.

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSunrise For This Useful Post:
solidONE (07-06-2017)