Old 03-15-2021, 04:54 PM   #41
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy

Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogMan View Post
Thank you! Is your header catted or catless?

In my area emissions are taken seriously, and a I probably couldn't get away with a catless header. I've seen some comments that it's removal of the cat that makes the most difference with a header.
Mine is Tomei’s UEL catless. But I have heard good things about the hi-flow catted headers. You’re going to get some performance from a new header no matter what. I would change the over pipe too because the stock one has some sharp angles and if you’re keeping the cat in the header and front pipe, maybe you can pick up some airflow on the already uncatted pipes with additional width and smoothing of the pipe angles. My Tomei over pipe is 2.5”

Maybe throw in a K&N drop-in air filter for $60 and call it a day. I’m only doing exhaust work, tune, and a simple filter then leaving the engine alone. I love the NA feel and not trying to mess around too much with a engine that only has 6k miles
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrahmaBull1990 For This Useful Post:
AnalogMan (03-15-2021)