BrahmaBull1990
Howdy

Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogMan View Post
Question for those with 2017+ cars:

Did a tune and/or header make a meaningful difference for you? One you can feel in the seat of your pants?

I'd been going back and forth about whether or not to do a tune with or without a header on my car. I've read all the threads and watched all the youtube videos. From what I understand, it seems the benefits of a tune and header are most noticeable on pre-2017 cars, and less so on 2017+.

Has anyone with a 2017+ done a tune w/ or w/o a header? Can you really feel the difference? I don't care about shaving tenths of a second off some time, or a performance improvement that can only be measured on a dyno or a stopwatch. To me it would only be worthwhile if I can feel it in the seat of my pants (the only dyno that matters to me).

Thanks!
I have a 2020 BRZ and installed a UEL header and did a stage 2 tune the same day (Ecutek and Delicious Tuning). There is a very noticeable difference. I drove it the first 4,500 miles entirely stock. You feel that "suck-back" much sooner, and the entire powerband feels smoother
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrahmaBull1990 For This Useful Post:
AnalogMan (03-15-2021)