Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radroach View Post
I was in and out of the hospital all last year dealing with a family member's surgery last summer. We had daily exposure to all kinds of nurses, paramedics. I would ride the hospital elevator with 4 other passengers. Also none of our caregivers wore masks nor had had any proper lockdown. None of us had any serious complications or illness.

I wore masks but noted that the change in narrative. First it was: Don't wear masks unless you're sick. Then it was: You Must wear a mask to enter store. Then they start suggesting wearing two masks. We were joking "Just wear the whole box!"
Then we had vaccine employment mandates (I'm sure you LOVE seeing people lose their jobs over). And then we get: The masks actually don't work, and the vaccine needs a booster -actually you aren't considered vaccinated until you've had your second booster.

Also if you don't get why I'm posting Dr. Wen's picture, it's because I recognize her by face, not by name, and I'd assume if I just said "Dr. Wen said this" you wouldn't know who I was talking about.
How many people caught covid while in that hospital I wonder. I'm willing to bet a very large percentage of the people you were in contact with were vaccinated anyway.

Masking rules didn't change all that much in 2021. In fact, it was consistently optional around me all year iirc. It was recommended that unvaccinated people continue to mask, but that didn't really affect me. Common sense is to wear a mask when in a place where people have to go like a grocery store, I'm case you are bringing the virus with you and don't know it.

I think way too many people think that meme is a quote.

If I show you a picture of some random person with no context, do you suddenly know who they are? That's a neat trick if you can. I usually have to actually talk to someone to measure their character.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (02-11-2022)