View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 12:01 PM   #21
TMF

Drives: '14 FRS TT5
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lots of great advice so far. If you decide to get into Time Trial, I'd recommend checking out NASA's TT program. I prefer NASA's TT program vs SCCA's or Gridlife's mainly due to the rulebook (simple and flexible options for a build that can be competitive) and the contingency programs that manufacturers offer to NASA participants. Tires are expensive, so it's nice when you can win a set! The other advantage, is that Ohio is very central to many of NASA Great Lakes events. I'm about to move back to Minnesota and I'll definitely miss the proximity to tracks that I had while here in Ohio.

I'll also note, if you're just looking for open track time, NASA Great Lake's HPDE program probably isn't your best bet. However if you want to focus on driver development, car awareness, preparing for TT or even W2W, NASA GL's program is great for that.

Have fun going down the rabbit hole, be sure to remember it is a fun hobby and don't let it stress you out, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions!