Old 09-25-2020, 01:23 AM   #77
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake11 View Post
What killed the dinosaurs? When the dinosaurs died did the planet? How exactly are we going to destroy a planet that is millions of years old?

I like how a product is so good they have to make people use it.
The planet is 4.5+ billion years old. Just saying.

Which dinosaurs? There have been five to seven mass extinctions. It would be a shame to cause our own. Saving our planet isn’t about saving the planet for the planet’s sake; it is about keeping it hospitable to human life. Yes, some would rather humans not exist so the planet and its other inhabitants can thrive, and there are the others who could care less what we do because they won’t be around for the end. Those in the middle understand that we are dependent on the health of the planet for our own survival, so it is best we do what we can to live in harmony with the planet.

There are many ways we could destroy it or cause a mass extinction. How permanent would the destruction last is a different question. Varying degrees of nuclear holocaust could last decades to thousands to hundreds of thousands of years. Destruction of the ozone layer would lead to radiation exposure, DNA damage, death of most species, famine, etc. Run away greenhouse gases would lead to super heating of the planet like it did on Venus, so the planet would become inhospitable to all life except bacteria. There are others.

Bad argument. I can think of many things that are mandated, forced, required, has laws against, etc for which something or some outcome is better than what others would choose or do, especially initially. People don’t always choose what is good for them.
DAEMANO (09-27-2020), Ohio Enthusiast (09-25-2020)