View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 02:56 AM   #169
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A few more notes, the heads seem good enough. There was one valve guide that broke, but I think that is replaceable. I saved the heads in case anyone wants a cheap head as part of a rebuild. The oil pan is actually fine. It just needs cleaning, but it could be useful for someone needing an oil return welded on. I have the timing chain and guides intact. Everything else was tossed in the recycling because there was no chance of salvaging it because the oil was contaminated with shavings, so surfaces were scratched. The timing chain cover has the oil pump, so I tossed that too.

I get that the glue is probably better than a paper gasket, but screw that stuff.classically, it was partially obstructing holes and sticking near or on moving parts.

I also have the alternator, ac compressor, pulleys, intake manifold, engine mounts, etc, so if you are interested in any parts then let me know. I already was digging in the dumpster for something I tossed that was broke, but someone wanted, so be quick because anything that doesn’t sell in a month is getting recycled. I already tossed the engine parts I won’t sell. I have like five to ten pounds in bolts lol It is always good to have spares. I’ll also be selling an engine hoist, leveler and stand once the swap is over, so keep that in mind.

Another note: I believe the K24 kit will have a hydraulic TOB, so I won’t need the Verus forged clutch fork or the billet pivot, so that will be going on the market. The clutch kit is usable with the new aluminum flywheel/adapter from Kpower.

Should I go NA or just go turbo right away to save overall? I don’t know.
Attached Images