Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-86 View Post
A very capable hot hatch, but I just wish cars would stop growing in size and could start downsizing to their 1980s/90s sizes. The Civics from that era would the perfect size - practical without being land barges. Every time I see a modern Civic or Corolla parked next to one from the 80s or 90s, I’m reminded why I don’t like most modern cars. Too big, too tall, too heavy.
They kind of rectified that by introducing smaller cars below the ones that balooned in size. But then your saddled with the slowest, most cheaply made tin can.

And then they stopped selling them in North America because everything NEEDS TO BE BIGGER!!!!

You can go smaller with kei cars like in Japan but they will not work here because of safety (they have pretty thin sheet metal build) and they'd be pretty slow in the North American roadway network. They work in Japan because of the density (roads are quite skinny in comparison to NA), the speed limit is lower and theres far less douchey drivers.

If they made a Honda Fit Type R that would probably solve all your issues with current cars. I can easily say the Honda Fit was probably the best subcompact car (Vs the Yaris, Mazda2, Versa, etc)
Or if they released the Honda e here, and gave it more power and range.....
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sasquachulator For This Useful Post:
mn_ca (11-27-2022)