Old 10-19-2021, 11:02 AM   #248
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,230 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest72 View Post
It’s a want not a need clearly. Not trying to talk you into it, because the market is nuts now. Justifying spending on wants is always hard, if you really want it and the experience brings you happiness, then the money is meaningless. Or just look at the 50k in the bank, if that makes you happy.
I know, that's what makes it hard. I've been a huge car guy all my life. There are pictures of me wiping down my dad's racecar when I was, 6 maybe?

But I also like all the spare cash vs when I had a track car and two different daily drivers. It allows me to do random stuff like, "Oh Jim Jefferies will be here this weekend, I'll get us tickets and make a reservation at a nice place."

IE, not a big deal to randomly drop $400-500 without needing to budget for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLE5 View Post
We only have four cars. We do now work out of the home again, though, and have to drive kids. We're finally putting some miles on again.
We don't have kids. So that's not a concern. I am thinking about trading our one car in on a new truck and getting a travel trailer, so we can be out of the house for big stretches and still work.
OkieSnuffBox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OkieSnuffBox For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (10-19-2021)