View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #10
gtengr

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
That's my main source of anxiety. I would like to turbo my car and kept bouncing from SC to turbo and finally settled on the turbo but now I don't know. Will it be a completely different car? Cause I don't want it to be. I just want whatever's there to be turned up to 11
I think completely different is a bit of an exaggeration. The added power only brings the car up to around late 90's/early-2000 levels of factory performance car acceleration. IMO, if this car had an STI version with 300 bhp, no one would bat an eye at whether extra power can transform the car into a better version of itself. The trick is incorporating the power increase and supporting mods into a package that still feels OEM. My motivation for going with a TVS-based kit was to get something where the charger is used for OEM applications, so it should be pretty close to set-and-forget after dialing out the gremlins. So far I'm pretty happy. That said, I agree that it's not actually that much of an increase, and I do see a lot of value in just going Ace header/E85/lightweight mods if you're going to limit yourself to ~270-280 rwhp anyway for mechanical concerns.

Last edited by gtengr; 12-11-2018 at 12:22 PM.
gtengr is offline   Reply With Quote