View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 11:30 AM   #25
platinumEX

Drives: '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post
Your next steps is to monitor afr and fuel trims. If the car drives fine my guess it was tuned with ecutek or open flash tablet. If you fill with regular gas you stand a high chance of blowing the motor. If you do need more gas fill it with pure e85 till you figure out the tuning issue

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
This was my main concern. I didn't want to put the wrong fuel in and risk damage. It did drive fine but I've only taken it around the block a couple times so far. It is slow to start after sitting a few days - sometimes taking a few cranks and sputtering before firing up. I've read that E85 tunes can be harder to start, specifically in colder weather but it's been in our warehouse that stays above 50 degrees. When I start it a day or two apart it usually fires right up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Sooooo, maybe he should take it to a tuner?
That's the plan. I just needed to be able to fuel it up so I could drive it to the body shop, to the tuner, etc. A second/fun vehicle to keep has been a long time coming and I don't want to screw it up or blow the money I've saved buying a theft recovered vehicle.
platinumEX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to platinumEX For This Useful Post:
Sapphireho (11-27-2020)