View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 12:38 PM   #214
mistople

Drives: 2017 BRZ (Sold), 2023 GR86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quick update. I'm working with Bob at @Drift-Office to schedule a proper dyno tune. Really excited to improve the drivability and finally have some peace of mind. I'm hoping to also have them double check my JRSC install to just make sure everything is still looking good. Looking forward to sharing the results.

I've also placed an order for STi motor mounts, Whiteline subframe bushings, and Whiteline diff inserts. I've had the Whiteline transmission mount installed for almost two years and have been meaning to complete the story for a while. Since this car is still used on the street, I opted for a less-than-hardcore mount setup than I might have otherwise picked. If this was a trailered track car, I'd go straight for the Cusco stuff.

While I'm excited about having a more direct feel in the drivetrain, I'm also trying to kill two birds with one stone since my A350 is hitting the subframe under load. Not a fun sound to hear when blipping for downshifts.

As soon as I can find a second hood, I'll pick up some Trackspec hood vents to use during the track season. I want to make sure the car is rock solid reliable, running cool, and is relatively worry-free next season. I spent too much time this past season fixing exhaust leaks in the pits and fighting overheating issues and too little time working on my actual driving. Totally takes the fun out of track days when you're worried about the car in every session.

Last edited by mistople; 10-17-2019 at 12:51 PM.
mistople is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mistople For This Useful Post:
jflogerzi (10-17-2019), Lantanafrs2 (10-17-2019), NoHaveMSG (10-17-2019)