View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 03:29 PM   #88
TRS

Drives: 2013' Toyota 86 (EU spec)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Update concerning the drifeshaft: I placed self adhesive one way temperature measuing stripes arround the crtical areas of the adhered tube ends of the driveshaft to see if the allowed temperature is exceeded. The stripes start at 116C as lowest indicated temp and 154C as maximum. (allowed max temp for the shaft is 148C)

Until now, none of the stripes showed any indication. Just did normal driving and as well tested long ideling to simulate heat soak. Tests under hard driving will follow during the next weeks since I plan a visit on a race track.

Less good news I have for the cluster swap. The facelift cluster caused some issues earlier in combination with the CAN Translator. A software update was meant to improve here. Unfortunately this didnt work out. In contrary it caused further issues with the FL cluster installed. Therefore it improved the fuel usage estimation. So basically everything is fine as long as I stay with the factory pre facelift cluster. But the goal Was to have the facelift cluster and steering wheel. I will see if future software updates might fix this.

Last edited by TRS; 06-01-2021 at 05:44 PM.
TRS is offline   Reply With Quote