Old 10-02-2019, 01:59 PM   #28
Spacemane969

Drives: 2013 ARGENTO A/T
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Logs View Post
Kinda.

You need to spend big money to come close to having your cake and eating it too. I have MCS 1WNR coilovers, and yes for 8kg/450lb springs, it does ride well but it still gets busy over really torn up pavement at city speeds. Up the pace and start hopping curbs and the track and everything is right in the world. Adjusting your damping on a high end shock goes a long way but you can't hide the fact you are running spring rates 3 times stock.

Sway bars will also have an impact. Stock sways will ride better than big beefy sway bars. Another massively overlooked area when it comes to ride quality is the tire selection. Rolling around on sticky RE-71r? Cabin noise jumps up and the stiff sidewalls make the car ride worse. Throw on a set of ECS or Pilot 4S tires and your ride quality will increase. Likewise, tire/wheel width also will have some impact.

For me, I run around on a set of TRD 17x7.5 wheels with the stock tires when I'm not running the car at competition and drop the damping. When autocross time comes around I swap wheels and change my damping.
So would you still recommend a stiffer rate in the rear? What happens to this platform when they are both equal?
Spacemane969 is offline   Reply With Quote