In Autobahn withdrawl

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited Man., WRB
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciro View Post
subaru thinks you suck at shifting

Did they ask you if they can replace the transmission out of warranty? If they didn't you have a new free trans, seek a lawyer and get your car back plus damages including fees, rental, time spent talking to the dealership, etc...
I didn't pay for it, but they said they were covering it on a one-time basis out of "customer goodwill," quoting abuse and/or vehicle mods, neither of which occurred. But I've been driving stick for over 11 years, so I'd say they suck at selecting transmissions and fluid.

I just spoke to SOA, they didn't have any record of it yet, but they mentioned I should talk to the service manager at Hanson, and clearly pointed the finger at them as calling abuse. They said they can't just make claims like that, and have to clearly demonstrate that the car was abused or failed as a result of modification, neither of which they can do. They didn't make any mentions of the tech line at all aside from saying they didn't represent them. Now it's burning my ass that they pointed at SOA/techline as the ones making the call, right now I'm getting the runaround.

On the plus side, they made a notation of my claims and I followed up on an earlier chat about getting new 2013 GPS maps for free. Whee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach415 View Post
Wasn't there a tsb or something like it for BRZ's in regards to gear grinding? I might have seen it while I was on my school's auto-tech computers but I shall double check tmr.
I think that may have been Toyota, but I'd be interested to hear if that was the case. Hanson made it clear that I'm pretty much the only BRZ they service, so it could be time to find a better shop (which would suck, because they're 12 miles away from me).
DoomsdayJesus is offline   Reply With Quote