View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
johhnc479

Drives: White FRS, 2011 Cayman, 1986 944
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My first post here. I just picked up an FR-S. My current HPDE car is an 86 Porsche 944na (need to decide whether to sell the 944 since I have the FR-S now), and I autocross a 2002 Boxster S (wifey won't let me track "her" car).

Interesting that everyone so far is using different compounds front to rear. What are you trying to accomplish with the non matching compounds? I know a lot of the rear engined porsche guys are using different compounds. IIRC, it is to even out stopping force as designed by the factory, but I can't recall the specifics.

I could get away with HP+'s on the 944, but tried my first true track pad with PF-97's and figured I'd never go back to a "compromise" street track pad. Altough I'll try something different next time because the PF-97 dust will ruin any wheel if it gets wet. Never even heard of Endless before, I'm assuming the MXRS is a street/track compromise pad? Maybe I'll take a new look at the current crop of pads available and give the street/track pads another shot.
johhnc479 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to johhnc479 For This Useful Post:
kevaughan (04-12-2024)