jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
My impression on road and at the track was that the PPSachs dampers weren't too underdamped with Swift BRZ Sport lowering springs which are 34%F/43%R stiffer than stock. Highish high-speed compression damping and could use more low-speed rebound but not really an issue. I won my TT class in 2018 with this setup vs. a '13 BRZ on Ohlins R&T coilovers driven by an excellent ex-karting and formula car driver. Neither of us felt the stock dampers with the Swift lowering springs setup was too far "off" on my car. The primary shortcoming was lack of front bump travel due to 1.25" lower ride height combined with Raceseng camber plates which take away another .75". I was on the outside front bump stop a LOT in cornering.

I do think the PP/Sachs dampers have kinda harsh high-speed compression damping, which initially feels "go-karty" but it gets old... For sure the Bilsteins are a big improvement in this department, and also seem to have more low-speed rebound damping.

If $$$ are an issue I think the PP dampers with the RCE yellows (similar rates to the Swift BRZ Sport springs I ran but not as low) with either factory top mount or Perrin's for camber should work great. Decent road/track setup for minimal $$$. IMO...
Don't forget about peddlers top hat for camber

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jflogerzi For This Useful Post:
ZDan (11-21-2020)