Old 09-25-2021, 10:14 PM   #34
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
I think the problem is that your chart was confusing with it's lack of labels describing what seems to be car output, rather than maximum rated output from the battery to which you seem to be referring. I did find your lecture on basic engineering quite amusing though. Haven't heard that one since freshman year.

---

Notional:
1 : theoretical, speculative.
2 : existing in the mind only : imaginary.
3 : given to foolish or fanciful moods or ideas.

I thought the conversation was steering in the direction of lightweight sports cars, for which it seems you offered the model 3 as a reasonable alternative. I wouldn't call any of those cars sports cars or light. I do admit I got the numbers wrong. Hence the "notionally".
Well, the chart was a flow chart showing manufacturers, battery type, capacity, which is another battery thing, and so on, so I guess I figured it was more obvious than I suppose it was.

Gotcha. I honestly have never heard or have read the word notionally that I can recall. Learn something new every day.

I was responding to this comment:

Quote:
It almost seems like an EV equipped car is roughly 400 lbs more than its ICE counterpart.
I was providing an example of the best apples to apples comparison I could come up with to refute that statement. We don’t really have a lot of cars to compare. We have a pretty old Tesla Roadster. What other electric sports car has there been that wasn’t some Rimac-Evija-style hypercar?
Spuds (09-25-2021)