View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #18
projekkt

Drives: 15 wrb brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuGrad View Post
Oh, BS. You want to tell me that this boxer engine sounds much better than a MR2 engine or that much more advanced? Maybe that's the reason why Lotus put a toyota engine in their elise, because of the old technology.

On the center gravity part, yes it was a great choice! But to say that subary engines are so much more advanced than toyota engines would be wrong in my opinion.

Frankly i am not surprised of the issues the FA20 platform is having. When your joining two companies efforts together is bound to happen. The communication between the two engineering groups cannot be flawless and some items will be overlooked...
Whoa now. the boxer engine sounds like a tractor. Not sure where you got that I like the boxer sound or that I think subaru engines are so much more advanced. The engine is a boxer with 2 types of injectors per cylinder. That alone sounds complex enough.

And I was talking about any modern day commercial toyota with their engine+transmission+chassis pairings.

The scion tC is typically made form the previous camry manufacturing process. The corolla chassis design is from what, 2001? I don't recall of the top of my head but its definitely not new. Hell, if you get an automatic corolla, it comes with a 4spd automatic. The list goes on.

All I'm saying is this. Driving a toyota is a tradeoff. You get rock solid reliability since they barely change anything but its nowhere as fun as Toyota as a company could make things.
projekkt is offline   Reply With Quote