Old 01-22-2020, 06:02 PM   #6
Leviathan83

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobel View Post
I’m currently building my own engine that is also running a HKS V2 Supercharger

I am not upgrading the valves but I am using GSC beehive springs so somewhat similar

From the research I’ve done the OEM head and camshafts are actually very good and flow quiet well, I think if you are going with new valves a +1mm oversize on the exhaust valves and some light porting is probably all you need to extract the maximum out of a HKS V2

I think the lack of aftermarket cams probably says a lot about the ultimate need for them when not chasing huge numbers, but of course that’s just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply. I considered the possibility to go with +1 valves, but I think this job is very expensive (do you know approssimately how much could be?)... And you have to find someone reliable to do it. By now, I didn't find anyone to do the job...
Is possible to enlarge without damaging heads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
The lack of aftermarket options may also be due to the stock camshaft design being pretty good (fat lobes and near infinite adjustability with ACVS). Before ACVS a higher lift and longer duration camshaft would be an easy HP gain. Not so much now. Link to my post from 5 years ago.

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...4&postcount=24
This is very interesting. I read that article some years ago, but I forgot it. Thanks. I thought that also the aftermarket cams could be as flexible as stock ones...
In terms of performance, maybe camshafts don't make this huge difference. Seeing HKS graphs with their camshafts, the gain is only 10 HP and 12 nm of torque with more displacement and V2... Maybe Piper Cams don't change a lot from HKS.

I don't know if new camshafts and new spring allow to push rpm... even if I heard that HKS compressor is rated for max 7.400 rpm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 View Post
I think someone is selling piper cams in the classifieds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzmitry View Post
Thanks for the link. Yes, I saw it, but it's the Rally version...

I found also this article https://dsportmag.com/the-tech/educa...haft-analysis/
and this unofficial data for these Piper Camshafts; unfortunately nothing similar for stock cams... what do you think?

Fast Road

Ultimate Road

Last edited by Leviathan83; 01-22-2020 at 06:26 PM.
Leviathan83 is offline   Reply With Quote