View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 06:25 PM   #1
Milhouse86
Noob

Drives: 13' FRS, 13' F150, 17' A4, 69' 442
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Soooo my motor blew up. Who's got the best short block?

Spent the weekend at Gingermen Raceway in MI. Had a freaking blast all weekend! It was supposed to rain all weekend and it only rained Sunday morning and the track was dry by 1pm.

Everything was going fantastic today. I spent a session with an instructor at the end of the day Saturday. It was raining this morning and only 3 people showed up so we had free reign on the track as long as we did not get too stupid. Had a couple spin outs with my RS4's and one super gentle off track in smooth grass.

When the track opened back up after lunch it was dry. By the end of the day I was on the line the instructor showed me and I dropped 4 seconds off my time. My last run was my fastest. In my cool down lap it felt off all of a sudden. I took it easy and tried to bring it in to the pit but she did not make it. Coming around the back corner my dash lit up like a Christmas tree and then everything shut off.

So we towed it back to the pit and I tried to crank it over. The engine turned on but there was a loud knocking and the crank pulley was wobbling....

The plans to build the motor just got moved up a year or so. I plan on going with a Jackson Racing SC C38. So power levels will not ever be crazy but I want something that can take abuse.

Who should I go with for a short block and why?

Last edited by Milhouse86; 09-23-2019 at 07:34 AM.
Milhouse86 is offline   Reply With Quote