Old 04-23-2019, 01:32 PM   #28
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by projek_01 View Post
Interesting load of BS on their website.... There is definitely metal-metal contact in the traction drive system. It is basically ALL reliant on metal-metal contact.

@Tristor
I truely hope that Rotrex has since made improvements to their design. If so, the unit can be indeed very reliable and make some decent power. Also keep in mind that people with broken units will post things online while happy owners usually don't. The actual failure percentage is like to be very skewed online.

However, the fact that they left us early adopters stranded by not warrantying units/making people buy new units for 50% of MSRP left a sour taste in my mouth. I wish that I went with a fullrace turbo kit from the beginning though.

Plus, why can't they re-use components and rebuild the units? Replace the rolling elements and bearings but re-use the housing and compressor wheels.
I've never seen a Rotrex warranty claim denied unless the lines were hooked up backwards (aka warranty fraud attempt) with the JacksoN Racing kit.

I've seen many Rotrex warranty claims denied with the Kraftwerks kit.

The Rotrex is not designed to be used with a cogged belt.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
wparsons (05-03-2019)