View Single Post
Old 06-30-2023, 06:29 AM   #3
vindiesel

Drives: 2023 brz limited 6mt red
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just drive them both… new car with warranty vs older car with no warranty. Depending on how much money you have buying an extremely low mileage z is going to cost almost a new brz.

I had a 350z I drive well over 100,000 miles it was a de engine and dynoed 250hp 250trq with basic bolt ons. Ran a 14 flat at 100mph in the 1/4. Which is comparable to the brz. I myself contemplated on getting a 370z but for the price and the crazy used market I don’t feel paying almost 30k for a low mileage used one was worth it given it does run a low 13 second 1/4 mile. Mind you I have owned literbikes, turbo cars and other vehicles that would blow these cars away. When I ordered my brz I tried a nd2 Miata because I never been in a light weight sports car and I didn’t fit well. I ordered the brz without test driving one. Then Subaru has very short gearing compared to the z transmission. You can accelerate in 6th on the highway in the z you have to fast and furious downshift. The light weight you receive a lot of feedback and it hits you in an emotional level of being connected with the car. The power on tight technical roads it has plenty. Obviously on highway going 80mph dropping it in fourth gear and punching it is lack luster. Even though the brz and old 350z had similar 1/4 Mike times the brz engine isn’t as fun as the z’s tourqey power band. The z engine oozed with character. The brz engine is linear and friendly which most have said it feels “industrial tractor like” which I agree. The clutch engagement in the 370z is really high which I don’t like. The brz is mid-low to floor engagement and very smooth after broken in.

If you plan on auto crossing it or tracking it all the time I would read up on rtv and oil pressure issues which may deter you from purchasing a brz. They haven’t found a solution yet and it is questionable on the longevity of these engines regardless. I believe when I read up on 370z they have cooling issues on track.

What is your goal with either car? That would be a better idea on which one is better. More power doesn’t always equate to more fun. It cost more tires, tickets and gets you in trouble. If your looking for more touring “good” all around type car a mustang gt could fit the bill but substantial more money and consumables. Then your 40 50 60k plus for a depreciating asset. Take in account brz will have substantial resale value vs 370z

Last edited by vindiesel; 06-30-2023 at 06:56 AM.
vindiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vindiesel For This Useful Post:
Sjej (07-03-2023), Teseo (07-02-2023)