View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 08:17 PM   #11
sgtcarrot

Drives: Scion FR-S 2015 Blue and stock
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Here, I will make you feel better:

It could be worse. I got mine (albeit used, but with only 4K miles on it) and after two and a half weeks spun it in the rain and clipped the right front bumper on a guard rail. Wife commented that the paint was surely messed up, I calmly get out of the car and the front looks like it exploded: $9K damage, 8 weeks in shop, driving a damned Nissan Rogue loaner.

While I have always advocated for giving a new vehicle a quick 'break in scratch' to ward off true misfortune, when I finally got the car of my dreams I nearly totaled it at 10 mph and then was without for months.

Yup, this was all my doing, and after 26 years driving mostly motorcycles, I chalked it up to 'learning'. But at the end of the day, shit happens, and while this sucks and is not your fault, it is relatively minor compared to the joy this car will give you (and some of the true crap that happens out there).

Took me a while to get over my shame, but to this day I am meh about the accident. Its over and done, it sucked, but every time I get into my car and fire her up, I grin like its the first time.

Get off your computer, jump in the car and focus on the parts that make you smile. Hopefully it will be a long time before you have to go back to the dealer (and hopefully never have to drive a Nissan Rogue for weeks, that was the worst) and the rest of the time you just drive and grin, drive and grin.

PS: I do not advocate testing out what those buttons next to the gear shifter do in the first few weeks of ownership, at least not when there is a guard rail nearby!

Good luck and enjoy your car!
sgtcarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgtcarrot For This Useful Post:
ktulu7 (03-30-2017), Tcoat (03-29-2017)