View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #1

Drives: 86 GTS 6AT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Official Australian 86/BRZ Dealers Thread - The Good & The Bad

Hey peeps.

I've noticed that there are a lot of threads talking about getting screwed over with dealer delivery charges and what not. But there are also a few on praising the great dealers (like Andrew Smith @ Peter Warren). So I'll keep this thread updated with all your experiences so that people that haven't put their money down know where exactly it should go. What I need from you is...

Name of Dealer and Location: (include the name of salesperson if you like)
86 Spec: (Model/Transmission/Colour)
Date Ordered:
Approx. Delivery Date:
Approx. Waiting Time:
Dealer Delivery Charge:
Total Price:
Customer Service Rating: (give score out of 10 - based on communication, friendliness, willingness to negotiate etc.)
Comments:

A score below 6/10 will mean they would be on the 'bad list' and anything above on the 'good list'. Feel free to let me know if there should be something else I should add.

Cheers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE GOOD

Peter Warren Toyota (Warwick Farm, NSW) *Andrew Smith*
Member: Toy86
86 Spec: GTS/Manual/White
Date Ordered: June
Approx. Delivery Date:Oct
Approx. Waiting Time:3-4 months
Dealer Delivery Charge: Not sure
Total Price:$39770 - Dark Legal Tint, Metallic paint, Full tank of Gas - Drive away
Customer Service Rating: 9/10
Comments: Service and communication so far has been amazing. He reply's to my quires promptly. Delivery is a while off so I guess I can give additional feedback closer to the date.

Terry Shields Parramatta (Parramatta, NSW) *Fred Tsang/ Warren Hooke*
Member: benoh
86 Spec: GTS MT Orange
Date Ordered: 16 June
Approx. Delivery Date:Asked for Feb 2013 (Might change to Oct 2012 if possible)
Approx. Waiting Time: 4-8 months
Dealer Delivery Charge: Not Sure
Total Price: $39800
Customer Service Rating: 8/10
Comments: Interacted with many of the guys there, great people. When I hadn't ordered the car yet I felt that there might of have been some gimmicks but overall I was satisfied. He came out with a price of $40100 I think and I stood firm and said I was not paying over $39800 and he fixed everything up for me without questioning. Went back today and had a good chat with the guys, very friendly, providing continued after-order support.
They currently have a white auto GTS and a red Manual GT if I remember correctly, get there quick before its sold though!!

Chatswood Toyota (Chatswood, NSW) *Howard QIAN*
Member: FT86_Zero
86 Spec: GTS/Auto/White
Date Ordered: Early June
Approx. Delivery Date: End of July
Approx. Waiting Time: 1 month from order
Dealer Delivery Charge: Being clarified
Total Price: TBA
Comments: None

Ingham Toyota (Ingham, QLD) *Tony Lahtinen*
Member: Sutty
86 Spec: GTS AT Sonic Blue
Date ordered: 21/7/12
Approx Delivery Date: 28 August 2012
Wait time: Nil - already In Production when I bought it.
Dealer delivery charge: $1644
Total Price: $41.8k
Comments: I found Tony to be very helpful. I rang him on Friday looking for a car, none in stock but he did go to the effort of looking in their incoming stock list and found the GTS AT available. Told him that I was definitely interested but couldn't do anything until I had confirmed that I could get my deposit back on my other GTS that I had on order, which would take at least a day as the deealership was closed for public holiday. *He was more than understanding and told me to tiring him on Saturday and let him know if the deal could go ahead. Managed to get my original deposit back and rang him on the Sat morning, thinking that the car would definitely have been sold by then and surprisingly he had 'reserved it' on the off chance that I would get my other deposit back. Tony was also willing to go into work on the Saturday ( his day off) to draw up the contracts etc and take my deposit. *He was very honest too about all the paint protection/tinting etc and when I told him what I had sourced locally he said there was no way they could get close to that price and didn't try to push it on me. *Excellent service, week worth ringing.

Llewellyn Toyota (Ipswich , QLD) *Robbie*
Member: pr0j
86 Spec: GTS/Auto/White and GT/Manual/Orange
Date Ordered:*
Approx. Delivery Date:
Approx. Waiting Time:
Dealer Delivery Charge:
Total Price: not telling, but very good*
Customer Service Rating: 9
Comments: Really nice dude, was a bit of a wait to see him as he was flat out the day I went down there, but it's a good sign if he's in demand. Genuinely excited about the car, and ready to help in whatever way he can to get you into it. Still waiting on that call from the finance dept, mate ;P

Hinterland Toyota (Nerang, VIC) *Robina*
Member: spr1nter
86 Spec: GTS/Manual/Tornado Grey
Date Ordered: 30/06/12
Approx. Delivery Date: Currently Nov (may change but at least I’m informed and not getting BS)
Approx. Waiting Time: 4-5 months
Dealer Delivery Charge: -
Total Price: ~39k
Customer Service Rating: 9.5/10
Comments: I live in Brisbane and was having a frustrating time dealing with most of the dealerships in my immediate vicinity. Two of the dealers seemed to have the mentality that I should be putting down a deposit just for the right to talk to them regarding the 86 which they knew next to nothing about. I even had one try to sell me a Corolla ZR Hatch on the basis “there is no wait and it has almost as much torque and is more practical”. . . . I’m not buying an 86 to be practical and the wait is not too big of an issue. Anyway I was looking at carsales and noticed a Tornado Grey manual GTS up at Hinterland Toyota Robina. I sent an email enquiry and was called within 10 minutes. I was called by John LeMaitre and we had a quick chat. I had yet to test drive an 86 at that stage and wasn’t willing to commit prior to test driving. There was no push from John however he did tell me that it will most likely be gone by the time I call him back. Anyhow the misses and I test drove and LOVED it so we wanted to place an order. I rang John back to see if the car had gone and of course it had. John and I then talked for a further 20-30min. John was extremely knowledgeable and an obvious enthusiast. He has ordered himself (legitimately with no queue jumping) a red 86 due to arrive around the same time as mine. He also has on order a TRD rear spoiler. Still no sales pressure just a good honest chat on what turned out to be his day off! That Saturday torn between ordering locally or down at Robina we choose to deal with John. Although he is out of the way for us he was the first genuine enthusiast we dealt with and the service since has been first class! THANKS JOHN!! Will have to organise a cruise when they come through

Melton Toyota (Melton, VIC) *Josh Barker*
Member: Gir
86 Spec: GT/Manual/Sonic Blue
Date Ordered: Mid march
Approx. Delivery Date: 18/7/2012
Approx. Waiting Time: 1 month from official release
Dealer Delivery Charge: Being clarified
Total Price: $33,795
Comments: No negotiation, but didn't really try. Communication was very good. Had an issue with price, but it got sorted out after a couple of days.

Melbourne City Toyota (Melbourne, VIC) *Brandon*
Member: someguy
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=30
Comments: one of the most honest dealers I have spoken to, not only that he has a very good understanding of the car and will provide you with TRUE information!

Nunawadding Toyota (Nunawadding , VIC) *Ben Coleman*
Member: Blue86
86 Spec: GT/Manual/Sonic Blue
Date Ordered: April
Approx. Delivery Date: 14/7/2012
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=37
Comments: Overall it was a 10/10 experience and the first new car I've ever bought. A guy in my street was asking about the car yesterday and it turned out by coincidence he had bought a Kluger 4wd from the same salesman at the same dealership 2 weeks before.

Sci-Fleet Toyota (Taringa, QLD) *Sammy*
Member: pr0j
86 Spec: GTS Manual (demo car is SWP)
Date Ordered: not yet
Approx. Delivery Date: -
Approx. Waiting Time: 12 - 14 months, quoted by another sales person, but Sammy said October (I have a feeling she ordered my car months ago on the down low)
Dealer Delivery Charge:
Total Price: $39'300 plus met paint. (if I remember right)
Customer Service Rating: 8/10
Comments: Super helpful, gave me a test drive, She knows I'm serious but cautious as this will be my first new car, and is upfront about everything, only possible downside is that when I queried her about what she could do for me, one of the things she mentioned was floor mats. I let it go, as she also mentioned tinting and a few other things. ** side note, there was another salesperson there making jokes about the car coming back with huge dings / being wrapped around a tree, and then guffawing when noone else laughed. I'm guessing that's Pierre.

Galleria Toyota (Morley, WA)
Member: FT-86GOD
86 Spec: GTS/Manual/White/Aero-Kit
Approx. Delivery Date: October
Approx. Waiting Time: 4 months
Dealer Delivery Charge: Lowest in Perth
Total Price: $41,880
Customer Service Rating: N/A
Comments: GTS, manual, floor mats, aero kit, full tank of fuel 12months rego - go to them if you want a cheap drive away price.

Great Southern Toyota (Katanning, WA) *Wes Bond*
Member: Z86
86 Spec: GTS/Manual/White
Approx. Delivery Date: July
Approx. Waiting Time: none
Dealer Delivery Charge: ?
Total Price: ?
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=25
Comments: Great communication - Even sent me photos of the car after they prepped it even though I was picking it up the next day. Was really a great buying experience given it was all over the phone/email.

Scarborough Toyota (Osborne Park, WA) *Taria*
Member: w arghh x
Customer Service Rating: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=35
Comments: Taria has been very upfront, very quick with replies to emails and gone out of her way to provide info and help out.

Last edited by sticky; 07-28-2012 at 12:35 AM.
sticky is offline   Reply With Quote