View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 01:11 AM   #8
JesseG

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I experienced a very similar collision in my 2016 Corolla. It had similar damage as your 86, and I felt whiplash from the collision. My car was repairable, it required a new trunk lid, rear bumper, crash bar, and a new section was welded in the lower trunk area. One replacement tail light was also needed. And of course a full respray of the rear of the car.
With your car being a special edition of the 86 I really hope it will be an easy fix, and if done properly shouldn’t affect how your car drives. Be careful about the whiplash you both experienced. Not saying you need to take the guy to court with fake neck braces on [emoji16] but be aware of any pain you feel in the coming weeks. Get checked out by your doctor. Luckily the 86 has really good seats that support you well, but spine damage can happen with a force like that. Especially if you or your wife tensed up before the impact. Trust me I know, I ended up needing a spine fusion many years ago from an injury that didn’t seem very severe at the time. (Not the collision in my Corolla) Best of luck to you and your health and your 86!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JesseG is offline   Reply With Quote