View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 11:35 AM   #3
ArrrBussiere

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ SC & 2018 Tacoma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am a repair manager at a body shop and I can tell you that there is most likely NOT structural damage, but there is a good chance that behind the bumper there are hidden damages.

Impact bars and absorbers are safety items, so any damage what-so-ever to them and it is an immediate replacement, no questions asked.

If I were to take a guess:

- Rear bumper needs to be taken off and inspected. From the pictures, it looks like repair work would be easily do-able but if there are torn tabs then it is a replacement
- Lower rear valence needs to be replaced, those cannot be repaired
- Impact Bar most likely needs to be replaced (we have no absorber)
- Rear bumper guides might need to be replaced (plastic brackets from bumper to quarter panel)

There MAY be some damage to the rear body panel, which will require a small amount of repair work, but that can only be done after the DFR (Disassemble For Repair) where they take the rear bumper off and reassess damages.

Hard to tell from pictures but it appears that the only bad gaps are from bumper to quarter which is a good indication that the rear body panel either has none or very limited damage to it

Let us know what comes of it!
ArrrBussiere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ArrrBussiere For This Useful Post:
Bonburner (10-27-2020), Lonewolf (11-19-2020), p1l0t (10-27-2020), Summerwolf (10-27-2020), Wally86 (11-18-2020)